Join Kerrie Heslin, Employment Attorney, Partner at Nukk-Freeman & Cerra, PC, and Executive Association of New Jersey Chapter member, for this must see webinar.
Social Media 2.0: New Developments and Persisting Risks to Employers
The needle in the social media arena is constantly moving and new case law is being made with overwhelming frequency. Employers struggle with how to develop, implement, and enforce an effective social media policy to protect themselves from litigation and other potential risks. This presentation will cover developments over the past year and persisting risks to social media use in the work place. The presentation also includes a discussion of crucial policies and practices that can help prevent social media abuse, including how to handle disciplinary action related to misuse of social media and how to avoid privacy breaches.
Topics to be covered include:
• Recent developments in the ever-changing area of social media.
• Legal risks of using social media in the hiring process and during employment.
• Discussion of the NLRB’s positions as they apply to both union and non-union employers with respect to social media.
• Implications of employee misuse of social media, including disclosure of confidential or inaccurate information and FTC endorsement guidelines.
• Examples of social media case law will be provided to highlight harassment implications and discussion of how employers can balance an employee’s right to privacy with an employer’s duty to prevent workplace harassment.
Webinar Date: Tuesday June 25, 2019
One Hour: 9am Hawaii Time, Noon Pacific, 1pm Mountain, 2pm Central, 3pm Eastern
Webinar Registration Link:
We encourage you to take advantage of this new IEA member benefit and attend the virtual programming series. We will be sending out the schedule for the rest of the summer series soon.
International Executives Association Board of Directors, Immediate Past President
Seattle Executives Association, Past President